- The idiosyncratic internet 31 October 2014 | 2:44 pm
- Zero credit check MVNO launches on Sprint 31 October 2014 | 1:19 pm
- Ofcom shares UK strategy 31 October 2014 | 11:54 am
- Telstra chooses AppDirect for cloud app store 31 October 2014 | 11:37 am
- SoftBank eyeing up América Móvil wireless assets – report 31 October 2014 | 11:08 am
Next Generation Optical Networking 2014 – A Grand Success!
700+ professionals from the entire optical networking ecosystem – from service providers, data centre operators all the way to the system vendors and component vendors – gathered in Nice for the 16th annual Next Generation Optical Networking – the most important optical conference in Europe.
With the combination of 110+ service providers and all the leading optical networking vendors in attendance, event offered the opportunity to meet and network with all the right people to discuss the current challenges for the industry and discover and highlight the solutions for these challenges going forward.
The four packed conference days were an opportunity to discuss, debate, discover and deliberate the following topics areas:
- Optical networks today and in the future
- 100G – metro, long haul and super channels
- Innovation beyond 100G and the evolution to TBits
- What is the evolving role of ROADMs in optical networking
- Transport SDN – What does it mean for optical networking?
- The Submarine boom – reinvestment in Submarine 100G
- Next generation Data Centre optics
- Wireless pushing capacity of optical networks – Backhaul & Front haul
- Optical Components market and how this fits with legacy Networks
- Spatial Division Multiplexing signalling the Petabit age
- Multi-layer convergence & switching integration in next generation networks
- Delivering High Bandwidth Optical Services
Thanks to all of you who came along... See you in June 2015!
• Economics and business models – financial and economic analysis related to optical networking
• Innovation Beyond 100G and the evolution to TBits
• 100G – metro, longhaul and superchannels
• 400G & 1.6 TBits Debate
• What is the evolving role of ROADMs in optical networking
• Transport SDN – What Does it Mean for Optical Networking?
• On the verge of a Submarine boom – reinvestment in Submarine 100G
• Data Centre Optics
• Wireless pushing capacity of optical networks – Backhaul & Fronthaul
• Optical Components Market and how this fits with legacy Networks
• Multi-layer convergence & switching integration in next generation networks
• Delivering High Bandwidth Optical Services
CONTENT, NETWORKING & SOLUTION SOLVING DAYS TAILORED JUST FOR YOU:
- NEW DEBATE & DISCUSSION THIS YEAR:
QUIZ THE ANALYST on 100G & Beyond, TECHNICAL SCENARIOS DISCUSSION from Operational Service Provider Heads, EXPERIENCE SHARE on Transport SDN, FORWARD LOOK to 1TB, AUDIENCE LED DISCUSSION – NG Optical Innovations and TECH INVESTMENT SCENARIOS. Take the opportunity to join in, interrogate and discuss, obtaining the answers you need to take back to your company for your optical networks.
- NETWORK & GET HANDS ON:
Network with 600+ optical networking experts during our extended networking breaks, dedicated speed networking sessions, 5 interactive workshops & breakfast briefings, 2 informal drinks receptions, audience led discussions and roundtables and via the events networking tool which is open prior to the event and after and our bespoke VIP meeting service. With all the leading solution providers in the exhibition – meet, engage and get hands on with the demos going on throughout the 3 conference days.
- FOR FUN:
Catch up on all the latest news at the event at our Twitter Fountain and YouTube feed. Get physical and into the spirit of Nice with our Tour D’Optical and then relax and take in the view from our Sky Terrace looking over the surrounding hills.
“So we think it is the most important conference event in Europe. The questions is how can you leverage advances in technology so that people could really benefit from them on a business side and I think both of these aspects are covered very nicely in the conference and that it is why it is a really good place for us to be here.”UF, Coriant
“Once again, it’s an excellent conference, you get representative from all sectors of the industry here from far and wide."ME, Corning
“Interesting event with opportunity to be updated on the hottest topics and market directions.”SG, MRV
“This conference is the one you get an understanding of the problems and issues”KL, EigenLight
“The place to be for anyone involved in transmission networks “AP, Completel Numericable
“An excellent opportunity to get an industry overview of trends in optical”JW, UPC Netherlands
“The conference is living up to what we expect from it, the de facto optical conference in Europe.”MV, Ciena
“It is a great event, good quality speakers, it is a very good conference, also all the industry is here. It is great to here as well"MV, Colt
“This is a great conference, this is the premier optical conference in Europe. It has got all the right people here and it is a great place to meet those people.”GB, Infinera
“The top event in Optical Networking by far”JP, CANTV